In this video, Suzana reviews an existing masterclass - the Buying and Selling process in the Algarve, Portugal.
Our helpful handbooks break down the process into 5 easy steps.
The Buying Process
1. Get the right advice - talk to the professionals about ownership history and the general conditions.
2. Agree on the terms - as well as the price, the terms and conditions must now be agreed by both parties.
3. Prepare your documents - you will need a Portuguese fiscal number.
4. Promissory contract - this outlines the terms and conditions as well as the completion date.
5. Sign the deeds - Congratulations!
The Selling Process
1. Get the right advice - a lawyer can help you understand all the costs involved.
2. Conditions of sale - the terms as conditions as well as the price must now be agreed by both parties.
3. Prepare your documents - you will need to have all your property documents ready.
4. Promissory contract - the seller usually asks for a 10% deposit.
5. Sign the deeds - the keys are handed over, congratulations!